We live in a very stressful society and the anxiety levels have gone up. I had my first anxiety attack at the age of 23 (that’s another story) . Throughout the years, I develop ways to cope with stress and anxiety without taking medications. The truth is that anxiety can go away . Here are 10 ways you can cope with stress and anxiety
- Journal/write– journal has helped me deal with some of my toughest time. If I can’t talk to someone, then ill write it out.
- take a walk/exercise it is proven that exercise has reduce the amount of stress and you get happy. I started exercising this year and it is a proven fact.
- Do a digital detox put the technology down for just one day and you’ll see what change in your energy will be.
- listen to some music – music a form of therapy for me because the sounds has helped me forget about my issues.
- go out and meet with a friend – Go on a date even if is for 10 minutes and talk to someone. Don’t hold your feelings in , that will create anxiety
- do something creative – if you cant translate in words, translate with your create side.
- meditate at least 30 minutes a day -meditate reduce my negative though process
- Get enough sleep -sleep for about 6-7 hours a day. enough sleep can reduce your anxiety levels
- pray – everyday I sit and speak to god and it calm me down.
- volunteer – I have volunteer since I was 18 years old. I have volunteered for four organizations and I do thanksgiving and Christmas volunteer. I like giving. I look at it as I have enough so ill share it with others.
My mother old me something that her mother told her and it was this “Whatever you thinking, whatever you doing, all the stress , anxiety, etc. , at the end of the day, nothing is nothing.”