Hello Happy Monday. I love Mondays, many people hate it because most they live for the weekend. But I love Mondays because I’m eager to be productive. But anyways, this weekend I had a digital detox and it was amazing. Is this wonderful thing to put your electronic devices away that makes everything so wonderful. I had to disconnect to reconnect because I was loosing a lot of focus. For example, if I wanted to workout I would always procrastinate because I was on social media a lot or just the internet. The internet is a wonderful thing but it has taken a lot of time away from people. Many just waste their time on social media. We need to get up and be social. I had my first phone in 2004 when I was 17 and I had my first computer in 2005 when I turned 18. The internet has helped us progress in this new world but it has also destroyed how we interact with each other.
I got this idea from the Boss Babe periscope ( @Bossbabe ) the 10 ways to digital detox. I was like that’s a really cool idea let me do that but in my own version. I recommend doing a digital detox for 24 hours and you’ll see the change mentally that you will have. Having a digital detox will help you mentally detox. It will help you be more clear and refocus on something you want to do. Like this weekend i went to the park and spent three hours just reading books and my phone was off. I went out with a friend for a run and was able to have conversation. I also was able to come up with a new idea and get a clear idea on a project i am working on. Not only will digital detox help you mentally detox your brain but it will help you stay productive. I mean helloo, most of grew up with no internet or cell phone. So bossbabe gave me ideas on how to digital detox and I placed ideas of my own and here it goes.
- Put down your phone for 24 hours. Turn off all electronic devices for twenty fours and you’ll see your brain change. If you cant do it for a few days try it for 24 hours.
- Shut down your phone two hours before bedtime. Don’t ever go to sleep with your phone next to you. keep it far away from you . You should be able to meditate, clear your head right before bedtime.
- clear up photos that you no longer want. I still develop all of my photos or if you don’t like to have hard copy of your photos then store it in a file. organize your PC.
- instead of texting or speaking on phone, invite a friend out for a walk. spent time having conversations with humans not computers.
- spent less time online people . reconnect yourself offline.